Essential oils are a great component of natural remedy for anxiety. They are convenient, quick and easy to use or can be worn during the day, diffused at home or work place, or simply kept in a purse or pocket. They can be used in massage, and to enhance meditation and concentration, all excellent parts of our ability to control anxiety levels.
So, just by inhaling essential oils, stress, anxiety or any emotional trauma can be decreased quickly.
The emotional symptoms also need attention. They include: losing control, inability to change, insecurity, overwhelmed, inconsistent, irritability, sadness, inability to concentrate, forgetting easily.
Sedative properties will calm and settle the mind. These oils will address the emotional component of anxiety.
- Roman Chamomile– restlessness, depression and insomnia.
- Melissa or Lemon Balm– Releases emotions of the heart. It is used for depression, insomnia as well as anxiety.
- Geranium – releasing negative memories and nervous tension.
- Lavender – Reduces mental stress.
- Frankincense – Stimulates the limbic system of the brain, the center of emotions.
- Valerian – Grounding, relaxing and emotionally balancing.
- Bergamot – Calming. Known for its antidepressant properties.
- Tangerine – Contains esters and aldehydes for sedating and calming.
- Orange – Elevates the mind and body and brings joy and peace. Studies have shown citrus fragrances combat depression and boost immunity.
- Neroli Absolute – Natural relaxant to treat depression and anxiety.
- Pathouli – Calms and relaxes the body and mind
Sometimes we have anxiety attack us and cause immediate and intense episodes.
- Lemon – Brings clarity and purifies the spirit.
- Vetiver – Very grounding. Restores stability.
- Ylang Ylang– Balances energies by restoring peace and confidence.
- Jasmine – Uplifting and relaxing. Used for depression and nervous exhaustion.
- Rose – Nourishes the heart. Brings support and reassurance.
One suggested recipe for an anxiety calming diffuser blend follows:
6 drops Patchouli 10 drops Bergemot
Put in diffuser and enjoy!